Located at Lat. 40.13178 / Long. -76.30428
This bridge was originally built ca. 1825 (builder, price unknown) for better access to Abram Hess’ Store. The store was purchased by George Eichelberger in 1844. Shortly thereafter, it was extensively damaged by flood waters, and he had Theodore D. Cochran rebuild the bridge for $799. In 1966, the bridge was moved to Buck Hill Farm 3/4 mile south of Kissel Hill on Highway 501 in Warwick Township. It is privately owned and no longer open to traffic. Request permission from owners to see bridge.
Narrative & photo credit: Kenneth W. Collins, author of "Covered Bridges of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"
On the map below, you'll find information for this item, as well as a few of the lodging, dining, shopping and activities that are close by. To see more nearby listings, click the “View Full Map” link in the legend below.
- Things to Do
- Places to Eat
- Places to Stay
- Where to Shop
- View full map