Ticket Agent | Strasburg Rail Road
The Strasburg Rail Road has an immediate opening for a part-time TICKET AGENT to work in our historic passenger station. Interested candidates should be passionate about delivering exemplary customer service, be confident working with a computer-based ticketing system, and be willing to work a varied schedule. Starting wage is $9.25 - $10.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
In keeping with the mission of Strasburg Rail Road Company, the Ticket Agent is responsible for the sale of tickets and passes to the general public in a kind and respectful manner, befitting of an early 20th-century steam railroad.
The Ticket Agent is required to:
1. Check station signage to insure its accuracy. 2. Prepare cash drawer for the day. 3. Prepare necessary paperwork. 4. Verify accuracy of currency. 5. Open sales window one hour prior to first scheduled train. 6. Efficiently sell tickets and passes through the RR’s computer-driven, cloud-based ticketing solution. 7. Announce train arrivals. 8. Communicate pertinent information succinctly over the 2-way radio. 9. Answer questions and provide information as appropriate to the RR’s wide demographic of guests. 10. Complete end-of-shift duties. 11. Assist with training of new agents. 12. Provide EXEMPLARY customer service, treating customers as you would desire to be treated.
1. Neat and clean appearance subscribing to the Uniform Policy and the requirements found in the SRC Employee Handbook. 2. Courteous and efficient relations with customers, including the ability to solve problems and meet the immediate needs of customers. 3. Demonstrated ability to accurately disseminate information about the railroad, its train- and event-related tickets/passes, and the variety of train accommodations. 4. Consistent eagerness to answer questions and always serve the visiting guest with a positive attitude. 5. Positive and effective relations with co-workers. 6. Proper handling, accounting, and safeguarding of company funds and collected fares. 7. Timely work attendance and adherence to the worker replacement policy.
1. Ability to positively interact with people – customers and co-workers alike. 2. Enthusiasm providing exemplary customer service. 3. High degree of comfort and proficiency in working with computers. Typing skills are a plus. 4. Ability to accurately handle funds and reconcile a cash drawer. 5. Flexibility and ability to adapt to unexpected circumstances. 6. Willingness to work a minimum of 2 days a week, including some weekend shifts. 7. Punctuality.
1. Training for this position will be on-the-job. 2. Length of shift varies from 2 to 10 hours based on SRC's hours of operation. 3. Work is primarily indoors. 4. No specific meal break is provided, except when late trains are operating. Other staff will provide restroom breaks. 5. Smoking is not permitted while you are in the public domain area of the railroad. 6. Must be able to work well under pressure. 7. If a situation arises where help is needed, a phone and a 2-way radio are provided so that the proper individuals can be summoned to render assistance.
For an APPLICATION, please click here.
Part-time Barista | Courtyard Cafe on Main
Qualifications: Has a passion for, and is knowledgeable of coffee and espresso. Must be able to multi-task and perform well in a fast-paced work environment. Must display honesty, integrity, and accountability. Must maintain a clean, organized and efficient work space while keeping baristas informed of any and all changes.
- Greet guests in a very prompt, warm, and friendly manner, informing them of any current promotions or daily specials.
- Prepare all coffee and beverage drinks while maintaining and upholding the integrity and the quality of all Courtyard Cafe recipes.
- Follow HAACP food handling procedures
- Follow FIFO inventory procedures
- Follow and maintain preventative maintenance and cleaning schedules
- Communicate, and work well, with management staff and other team members
- Assist other team members, as the need arises
- Keep all areas of station clean, organized, and stocked
- Serve as a host/cashier simultaneously as a barista
- Exemplify and give ongoing consistent leadership to barista team
- Quality control
- Cleanliness of station
- Carry a positive outlook
Education - High school graduate or equivalent preferred but not required. Must be able to read, write and speak English
Experience - Some experience is preferred, but not required
Physical - Able to stand, and be on your feet for long periods of time. Able to bend, twist, stoop, and lift 40 lbs. or more. Have the ability to work in hot fast paced environments.
Must be willing to work some evenings, weeekends & holidays.
Apply within at 349 Main Street, Denver, PA 17517. Please bring resume with you.
Events Sales and Coordinator Positions | Cork Factory Hotel
Cork Factory Hotel is seeking energetic candidates to join our event team for both corporate and social events. Available positions include sales, coordinating, and combinations thereof. Prior hotel/event sales or coordinating experience is required, as is the ability to work well with our awesome team in a busy and fun environment. As with any customer service position, a pleasant demeanor and the desire to exceed guest expectations are integral.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and abilities. Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements here.