(Lancaster, Pa.) Visitors to Lancaster can choose among loads of new area offerings in 2017, from foodie discoveries to family activities to recreational activities.
- Watch (or even assist) a traditional PA Dutch barn raising via the historic Star Barn renovation at Ironstone Ranch in Elizabethtown, July 2-4.
- In Lititz (Budget Travel’s 2013 Coolest Small Town in America), one of the nation’s oldest Fourth of July celebrations marks its 200th anniversary this year. Plus, great tours & rentals from just-opened Lititz Bike Works, including their detailed but user-friendly route maps.
- Explore the amazing Azerbaijani carpet art of Faig Ahmed at the Pennsylvania College of Art & Design’s Main Gallery, Aug. 4 - Sept. 22. And local weavings & inspirations can be found at the Old Country Store in Intercourse – one of Quilt Sampler’s latest national Top 10 quilt shops.
- A major expansion of 25 new stores and 147,000 more square feet at Tanger Outlets is slated to open Labor Day weekend.
- The Red Caboose Motel & Restaurant in Ronks is getting a steady re-freshing & additions (as well as a summer music series) under its new ownership, and a Tru by Hilton (for the “Millennial mindset”) is slated to open just east of Lancaster City this summer. Plus, there’s the recent makeover of the very cool Log Cabin Restaurant in Leola.
- Yummy new Callaloo Trinidadian Kitchen is now open in Lancaster City, or try the fabulous downtown fare at Barberet Bistro & Bakery, where co-owner Cedric Barberet is one of France’s newest Knights of the Order of Agricultural Merit for his promotion of French food and culture.
- Check out the new Ninja Warrior gym and much more at the massive Spooky Nook Sports complex in Manheim, named a Top 10 U.S. Multi-Use Sports Facility by SportsEvents magazine, and site of the 2017 Pan Am Cups international field hockey tournament, Aug. 4-13.
- Get your favorite Plain & Fancy PA Dutch dishes or the added meat & suds specialties at the newly-renovated & re-named Smokehouse BBQ and Brews in Bird-in-Hand, or take in the new intimate Alois Jazz Experience every fourth Friday at Bube’s Brewery in Mount Joy.
- Enjoy the 125th anniversary of Mount Gretna this summer – a true hidden gem, offering recreation (swim, bike), sweets, music, theater, artwork, and daily activities & talks on a wide range of subjects.
Added to all this are Discover Lancaster’s own new driving trails highlighting our thriving arts, bountiful beverages, and active outdoors, as well as our #DiscoverItForYourself videos of expected and unexpected experiences that provide visitors with more detail using authentic voices and compelling visuals. Both of these initiatives aim to further promote Discover Lancaster’s recently expanded tourism brand for the area.
Lancaster County is a wonderful blend of urban style and rural splendor, with many rich cultures, from the Amish to the arts. Travelers can take in our vibrant downtown city life – with galleries, great dining, specialty shops, and live music – or explore surrounding towns and villages to get a sampling of the heritage, food, craftsmanship, and attractions for which Lancaster is famous. Visit us at www.DiscoverLancaster.com.
For more information:
- Joel Cliff, Director of Communications & Advocacy
- Phone: 717-735-0311
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org