(Lancaster, Pa.) As November turns to December, the holiday wish list becomes a prime focus of attention and conversation. But at heart, the yuletide season is all about traditions and family.
So why not combine the two this year as you Discover Christmas in Lancaster and a wish list that’s less about getting and more about connecting.
Need some quality time with family and friends? Want to simply celebrate the sheer fun of Christmastime? Looking for some new seasonal memories you’ll cherish for years?
Then head for the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country and a more fulfilling type of holiday wish list, where you and yours can:
- Enjoy holiday treats, ticket vouchers, and a $325 prize drawing as part of the Authentic B&Bs of Lancaster County’s self-guided Belsnickel Christmas Tour of 15+ beautiful houses, Dec. 2-3.
- Make merry with shopping “finds” from our charming towns and villages, great deals from the many outlet stores at both Tanger and Rockvale, and the joyous treasures and activities at Kitchen Kettle Village.
- Experience “Lancaster City for the Holidays,” starting at the Mayor’s Tree Lighting & Tuba Christmas on Black Friday evening, Nov. 24, and thereafter with horse-drawn carriage rides, visits with Santa, festive music, and distinctive city retailers.
- Follow Ralphie’s Red Ryder quest in A Christmas Story – The Musical at the Fulton Theatre, discover the Miracle of Christmas at Sight & Sound Theatre, or share in Our Christmas Dinner at Bird-in-Hand Stage.
- Warm yourself with yuletide traditions and memories at the National Christmas Center.
- Head to Elizabeth Farms for a pre-cut or “choose & cut” tree, along with the Christmas Fantasy Barn, featuring Santa’s Workshop, Bloomingdale’s Holiday Window Displays, and model trains.
Lancaster County is a wonderful blend of urban style and rural splendor, with many rich cultures, from the Amish to the arts. Travelers can take in our vibrant downtown city life – with galleries, great dining, specialty shops, and live music – or explore surrounding towns and villages to get a sampling of the heritage, food, craftsmanship, and attractions for which Lancaster is famous. Visit us at www.DiscoverLancaster.com.
For more information:
- Joel Cliff, Director of Communications & Advocacy
- Phone: 717-735-0311
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org