(Lancaster, Pa.) Christmas is often about the small and the special. Experiences unexpected or eagerly anticipated, but equally meaningful just the same.
When visitors Discover Christmas in Lancaster, such moments and more are all possible at some of the area’s most cherished events and traditions:
- Sing along with yuletide favorites during American Music Theatre’s 2018 Christmas Show – The First Noel, share in A Christmas to Remember at Bird-in-Hand Stage, or renew your own “spirit” with A Christmas Carol at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre.
- Enjoy holiday treats, ticket vouchers, and a $325 prize drawing as part of the Authentic B&Bs of Lancaster County’s self-guided Belsnickel Christmas Tour of 15+ beautiful houses, Dec. 1-2.
- Head to Elizabeth Farms for a pre-cut Christmas tree or pick one out the old-fashioned way, with a horse-drawn wagon ride into the fields to choose & cut the perfect tree. Afterward, warm up with complimentary hot chocolate and explore the Christmas Fantasy Barn, featuring Santa’s Workshop, Bloomingdale’s Holiday Window Displays, and the Model Train Room.
- Make merry with shopping “finds” from our charming towns and villages like Lititz and Ephrata, great deals from the many outlet stores at both Tanger and Rockvale, and the joyous treasures and activities at iconic foodie stop Kitchen Kettle Village.
- Revel in historical seasonal cheer at the Lancaster City home of U.S. Pres. James Buchanan during the mansion’s portrayal of “Yuletide at Wheatland,” or warm yourself with holiday traditions and memories as part of Landis Valley’s “Country Christmas Village.”
- Experience “Lancaster City for the Holidays,” with horse-drawn carriage rides, visits with Santa, festive music, and distinctive city retailers.
- For another truly unique experience, travel back over 100 years ago, “before the movies,” to delight in the spellbinding drama, humor, and antics of a master showman and his spectacular projected images for the holiday edition of the Magic-Lantern Shows at the Amish Experience.
Lancaster County is a wonderful blend of urban style and rural splendor, with many rich cultures, from the Amish to the arts. Travelers can take in our vibrant downtown city life – with galleries, great dining, specialty shops, and live music – or explore surrounding towns and villages to get a sampling of the heritage, food, craftsmanship, and attractions for which Lancaster is famous. Visit us at www.DiscoverLancaster.com.
# # #
For more information:
- Joel Cliff, Director of Communications
- Phone: 717-735-0311
- E-mail: email@example.com