Home to rich religious history, the northeastern Lancaster County town of Ephrata represents cultural diversity, while still incorporating many Pennsylvania Dutch and Amish traditions. Ephrata became home to America's first communal religious society, the Ephrata Cloister, which is still a popular historical destination today, but Ephrata was well known for other resources as well.
Founded in 1732, Ephrata was historically known as a pleasure resort and agricultural community. Over a century later, Ephrata enjoyed a reputation of a popular pleasure resort due to it's renowned "spring waters" where today stands the Mountain Springs Hampton Inn and Suites. The surrounding countryside blends with the ambiance of historic downtown district to create a unique small-town destination.
In addition, the town also offers a nice mix of local shops and boutiques, one of the largest farmers' markets in the country, live theatre, restaurants, events and homey lodging. Explore many of these destinations, plus beautiful countryside and covered bridges, by driving the Northern Amish Countryside Trail.
- Tour de Ephrata, May 1
- "Music at Main" live concerts
- Community Days at Ephrata Cloister, late April, May, and October
- Free Comic Book Day, 1st Saturday in May
- Fire Cracker Run, July 4
- Annual Caft Show and Restaurant Fair, 2nd Saturday in September
- Ephrata Street Fair, last full week of September (Tues-Sat) & Parade (Wed)
- Apple Dumpling Days at Ephrata Cloister, early October
- Christmas at the Cloister, mid December
- Lantern Tours at Ephrata Cloister, late December
- Live music, shopping events and tea nights at Ten Thousand Villages, throughout the year
- Spectacular of Lights/Tree Lighting/Santa's arrival, Black Friday
Inspire at American Music Theatre
Experience heart-warming music that inspires the imagination, featuring songs and voices with the power to uplift, enchant and inspire! On stage now through 10/9/15.find out more
Aaron & Jessica's Buggy Rides
Ride like the Amish do through all-Amish areas. Ask about our private rides! Open 7 days a week. Summer hours: Mon-Sat 9 AM to 6:30 PM, Sun 10 AM to 4:30 PMfind out more