Home to rich religious history, the northeastern Lancaster County town of Ephrata represents cultural diversity, while still incorporating many Pennsylvania Dutch and Amish traditions. Ephrata became home to America's first communal religious society, the Ephrata Cloister, which is still a popular historical destination today. Ephrata was well known for other resources as well.
Founded in 1732, Ephrata was historically known as a pleasure resort and agricultural community. Over a century later, Ephrata enjoyed a reputation of a popular pleasure resort due to it's renowned "spring waters" where today stands the Mountain Springs Hampton Inn and Suites. The surrounding countryside blends with the ambiance of the historic downtown district to create a unique small-town destination.
In addition, the town also offers a nice mix of local shops and boutiques, one of the largest farmers' markets in the country, live theatre, restaurants, events, and homey lodging. Explore many of these destinations, plus beautiful countryside and covered bridges, by driving the Northern Amish Countryside Trail.
- Community Days at Ephrata Cloister, late April, May, and October
- Fire Cracker Run, July 4
- Annual Craft Show, 2nd Saturday in September
- Ephrata Street Fair, last full week of September (Tues-Sat) & Parade (Wed)
- Apple Dumpling Days at Ephrata Cloister, early October
- Christmas at the Cloister, mid December
- Lantern Tours at Ephrata Cloister, late December
- Live music and shopping events at Ten Thousand Villages, throughout the year
- Spectacular of Lights/Tree Lighting/Santa's arrival, Black Friday
Bird-in-Hand Family Inn
With swimming pools, tennis courts, game rooms and more, our resort-style Family Inn offers the perfect vacation for everyone in your family.find out more
AmishView Inn & Suites
Located on AAA Scenic Byway. Complimentary breakfast, kitchenettes & more. Indoor pool, theater, tours & buggy rides. Perfect for couples & families.find out more