French Country Manor Bed & Breakfast and Vacation Homes
Unique and historic with antiques, period furniture, historic & authentic reclaimed building materials, gardens, paths, woodlands, bridges, barn, and old mill stream with waterfall.
An early 1800’s country mansion, restored with meticulous attention to detail, is offered for your exclusive enjoyment and privacy.
The French Country Manor is located on a secluded 40 acre estate in one of the most beautiful regions of Southern Lancaster County, part of the Martic furnace in the mid-1700’s producing iron stove plates for the surrounding area. Originally built in 1776 as a 30-room iron masters mansion, it was rebuilt in 1813 with an added mill race. The former owner built the library in 1953.
In 2001, the innkeepers embarked on a massive renovation preserving the historic elements including entirely new roof structures using reclaimed slate, a second story suite over the library, and an east wing addition. The grounds have been rediscovered with extensive lighting pathways, beautiful plantings, and trees. We have utilized green building materials such as locally grown woods, reclaimed lumber, slate, and stone.
Perfect for Any Event
- Family owned & operated & committed to your highest level of comfort and satisfaction.
- Perfect for weddings, family reunions, business meetings, retreats (e.g. pastors retreats), or romantic getaways.
- 4 Suites (1 suite ground level with accomodations for disability).
- Spacious living rooms and library, baths with whirlpool tubs.
- Landscaped parking facility for 70+ cars.
All rooms enjoy:
In addition to a full sumptuous breakfast every morning of your stay, all of the following is included with your stay.
- Private entrances a personal deck or patio
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Stereo / Alarm & iPod dock
- Cable TV & Blue ray player
- Anytime access to movie library with large collection of movies
- Anytime access to book library with wired and wireless internet access
- Anytime access to tea and coffee center and frequent afternoon teas. Wine cooler also available.
- Trails for mountain biking, walking, running, or hiking
- "The Authentic 19th Hole" chipping & putting area by the pond (To be constructed summer 2015)
- On-site Parking
- Wifi Available
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Private Bath
- Open For Business