- Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum
- 2451 Kissel Hill Road
- Lancaster, PA 17601
- Primary - 717-581-0590
Create Unique Lancaster County Memories for Your Group
Customize a basic tour by choosing a theme or a time period. Tour specific buildings, hear stories, and come away with a deep appreciation of the Pennsylvania German’s contributions to our nation’s history. Explore themes of the decorative arts, traditional cooking, farming, innovation and technology, and Pennsylvania Dutch resourcefulness. The staff at Landis Valley will make sure your visit to Lancaster County will be fun and educational!
Featuring: Pennsylvania German History: Pennsylvania German Village with historic buildings, Award-winning introduction video, A collection of over 100,000 Pennsylvania German artifacts, Unique shopping experience with locally handcrafted and made-on-site items at the Landis Valley Museum Store
Living History: 18th & 19th century living history interpretations, Historic gardens & crops, Open hearth cooking and baking, Historic breeds of animals, Traditional Pennsylvania German craft demonstrations
Guided Tour – Your group will be greeted at the Visitor Center and watch our orientation video. After the video, a costumed guide will take you through the village to visit traditional craftsmen and costumed interpreters in historic buildings.
Personalized and Custom Group Tours with interactive add-ons Start with a basic tour and customize your own memorable experience by adding on one or more of our interactive options:
• Horse-drawn wagon ride
• Tasting of Pennsylvania Dutch foods
• Behind the scenes of our 100,000+ piece collection tours
• Fun Make-and-take traditional craft activates
• Heirloom Seed Project and Working Gardens
• Historic dancing workshop
• Characters from the Museum’s history tell their story and introduce you to their favorite items in the museum collection
• “How did an 18th century farm woman dress?” demo and talk
• Learn to understand/speak basic Pennsylvania Dutch
• Pennsylvania German Storyteller
• Tour itineraries with less walking, and for special needs groups
• Meal options: Breakfast, Victorian Tea, light or full lunches and dinners. Served in historic buildings
• Seasonal Tours: Halloween and Christmas with the Belsnickel
Group Tour rates for groups of 10 or more, reservations are required.
Length of visit: Allow a minimum of 2-3 hours for an enjoyable visit. We can customize your tour based on your time limits.
Easily Accessible from major road ways and minutes away from Amish Country and Site and Sound
Handicap Accessibility – Most buildings are accessible to the physically disabled with ADA approved ramps. Two wheelchairs are available for your use.
Walkways and Appropriate Attire –Walking between the buildings is outside on unpaved walkways, please dress for the weather and wear suitable shoes. Most buildings are heated and air-conditioned. For those with mobility challenges a tour can be crafted to minimize walking, please let us know at the time of booking.
Catered Dinning Service– options include full course meals including Pennsylvania Dutch foods to breakfasts, lighter lunch or boxed lunches. You may also choose to enjoy outdoor dining in our lovely picnic groves.
- Tour Type : On-site Dining, Guided Tour, Self-Guided Tour
- General : On-site Bus Parking, Student Friendly, Gift Shop
Group Tour Information
- Average Time Required : 2-3 hrs.
- # Required for Group Discount : 10
- Other Info : Motor Coach Driver and tour company escort comped.
Tour Hours: March – December: Tue.-Sat. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Sun. 12-5 p.m. Closed New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Veteran's Day.
On the map below, you'll find information for this item, as well as a few of the lodging, dining, shopping and activities that are close by. To see more nearby listings, click the “View Full Map” link in the legend below.
- Things to Do
- Places to Eat
- Places to Stay
- Where to Shop
- View full map