- Ziplines and Outdoor Adventure at Refreshing Mountain
- 455 Camp Road
- Stevens, PA 17578
- Primary - (717) 738-1490
Perfect for groups of 2 or more (even more than 20), Refreshing Mountain is a year-round retreat and adventure center that provides groups of all sizes outdoor activities and overnight lodging options in Lancaster County, PA. A short drive from Philadelphia, Lancaster, Hershey, Reading, and Harrisburg, you don’t have to travel far for an exciting group activity.
Whether you’re a bus group looking for a non-Amish outdoor adventure in Lancaster, a teacher in charge or organizing a day long (or overnight) field trip, a church group looking for a fun bonding experience, or a company who wants some team building activities that don’t involve trust falls, Refreshing Mountain has just what you’re looking for.
Choose from numerous packages to meet your group size, interest, and budget, you’ll find options for all skill and thrill levels. You’ll be the hero that group members will thank for the amazing time they had.
Outdoor Adventure Activities
In addition to ziplines, Refreshing Mountain offers lots of other fun and unique outdoor adventures.
Each package includes 2 or more activities. We’re constantly expanding our list of package options (check our website for the latest) to provide unique experiences in Lancaster County for budget-conscience locals and tourists alike.
• Ziplines: 3 courses, each with multiple ziplines (perfect for accommodating groups). Your group (ages 5 and up) will experience the thrill of flying through the woods while zooming from one platform to the next.
• Elevated Obstacle Course: Take on 22 challenging obstacles, suspended 6-25 ft in the air. 2 levels provide a wide range of variety, from easy to intermediate difficulty.
• Wildlife Center: Explore our hands-on wildlife center, which exhibits 30+ native and exotic reptiles and amphibians. Guests will have a chance to hold snakes, feed turtles, and otherwise interact with select exhibits.
• Climbing Tower: If you like rock climbing walls, you’ll love scaling our 37-foot climbing tower. From novice to expert skill levels, every climber will have a blast navigating the routes to the top!
• Rappelling: Guided by our trained staff, you’ll learn how to safely rappel on your own (meaning you have control), while being securely belayed.
• Giant Swing: Remember trying to swing as high as possible on the playground? How about being safely harnessed in from 30 feet as you swing like a pendulum? It’s a rush you won’t forget!
• Archery: Learn how to shoot a bow and arrow (safely) from a personal guide. You’ll get some target practice time to improve your skills.
• Pedal Carts: Feed your inner child on our off-road style pedal cars. Engineered to function like a classic go-cart, these sturdy vehicles are powered by your legs. As you pedal around our specially designed course, you’ll speed through our authentic Lancaster county replica covered bridge! The varying sized pedal carts are great for kids and those young at heart.
• Farm Animal Hands-On Experience: Perfect for kids who love animals (or who are just learning about them), they’ll have fun interacting with some of our common (or not so common) domestic animals like bunnies, pigs, alpacas, and horses. They’ll have the opportunity to brush, pet, or feed our various animals.
• Community Pool and Mini-Splash Park: Our outdoor pool (seasonal) is a great add-on to a family adventure day. Cool off on the water slide, in the wet playground, or enjoy a cool drink from the cafe. Please note that as part of our Family-Friendly atmosphere, we request modest swimsuits for guests (1-piece suits for girls/ladies, and no Speedos for boys/men).
There’s also plenty of free things for group members to do at Refreshing Mountain, including hiking trails and a playground. Bring your own lunch or dinner, or grab a bite to eat at our on-site café (contact us ahead of time for dining hall availability for your group).
All of these activities are safe, kid-friendly, and perfect for groups. Reservations are required, and you can book online or call us at (717) 738-1490.
- Tour Type : On-site Dining, Guided Tour
- General : On-site Bus Parking, Student Friendly, Gift Shop
- Total Guest Rooms : 240
Group Tour Information
- Average Time Required : 2 hours
- # Required for Group Discount : 21
- Other Info : Open year-round by appointment Mon-Sat tours from 9AM to 5PM. Sun tours 2-6PM. Group leader "flies free" plus discount packages based on the final group size.
On the map below, you'll find information for this item, as well as a few of the lodging, dining, shopping and activities that are close by. To see more nearby listings, click the “View Full Map” link in the legend below.
- Things to Do
- Places to Eat
- Places to Stay
- Where to Shop
- View full map