- Ziplines and Outdoor Adventure at Refreshing Mountain
- 455 Camp Road
- Stevens, PA 17578
- Primary - (717) 738-1490
- Toll Free - (888) 353-1490
Refreshing Mountain is a year-round retreat and adventure center that provides family-friendly outdoor activities and overnight getaways in Lancaster County, PA. We are just a short drive from many Lancaster and Hershey area attractions, making us a great destination for your family getaway!
Kids and adults love that we have options for all skill and thrill levels. And with adventure packages for all budgets and group sizes, you’ll have a blast without losing your wallet in the process.
Zipline Canopy Tours
The zipline canopy tours at Refreshing Mountain Retreat & Adventure Center are a premier attraction for those looking for something fun to do outside in Lancaster. Experience the thrill of flying through the woods as you zoom from one platform to the next while ziplining.
We have three courses to choose from, each with multiple zip lines:
• Flying V Zipline Course – 2 ziplines, 600 feet long. Ages 5 and up. This is a great test run for those that aren’t sure they want to try the bigger courses.
• Challenge Adventure Course – 5 ziplines, 9 challenge elements, 1400 feet long. Ages 5 and up.
• Aerial Excursion Course – 7 ziplines, 3 sky bridges, 3500 feet long, 40-foot rappel ending. Ages 8 and up.
Outdoor Adventure Activities
In addition to ziplines, Refreshing Mountain offers lots of other fun and unique outdoor adventures.
Choose from packages that include various activities, including:
• Elevated Obstacle Course: Take on 22 challenging obstacles, suspended 6-25 ft in the air. 2 levels provide a wide range of variety, from easy to intermediate difficulty.
• Wildlife Center: Explore our hands-on wildlife center, which exhibits 30+ native and exotic reptiles and amphibians. Guests will have a chance to hold snakes, feed turtles, and otherwise interact with select exhibits.
• Archery: Learn how to shoot a bow and arrow (safely) from a personal guide. You’ll get some target practice time to improve your skills.
• Climbing Tower: If you like rock climbing walls, you’ll love scaling our 37-foot climbing tower. From novice to expert skill levels, every climber will have a blast navigating the routes to the top!
• Rappelling: Guided by our trained staff, you’ll learn how to safely rappel on your own (meaning you have control), while being securely belayed.
• Giant Swing: Remember trying to swing as high as possible on the playground? How about being safely harnessed in from 30 feet as you swing like a pendulum? It’s a rush you won’t forget!
• Pedal Carts: Feed your inner child on our off-road style pedal cars. Engineered to function like a classic go-cart, these sturdy vehicles are powered by your legs. As you pedal around our specially designed course, you’ll speed through our authentic Lancaster county replica covered bridge! The varying sized pedal carts are great for kids and those young at heart.
• Escape Rooms: Come experience the joys (and frustrations) involved in rolling out an invention before the office closes! Perfect for birthday parties, team building, family fun, a group of friends, or retreats.
• Community Pool and Mini-Splash Park: Our outdoor pool (seasonal) is a great add-on to a family adventure day. Cool off on the water slide, in the wet playground, or enjoy a cool drink from the cafe. Please note that as part of our Family-Friendly atmosphere, we request modest swimsuits for guests (1-piece suits for girls/ladies, and no Speedos for boys/men).
• Farm Animal Hands-On Experience: Perfect for kids who love animals (or who are just learning about them), they’ll have fun interacting with some of our common (or not so common) domestic animals like bunnies, pigs, alpacas, and horses. They’ll have the opportunity to brush, pet, or feed our various animals.
We’re constantly expanding our list of outdoor activities and package options (check our website for the latest) to provide unique adventures in Lancaster County for budget-conscience locals and tourists alike.
There’s also plenty of free things to do while you’re here, including hiking trails and a playground. Bring your own lunch or dinner, or grab a bite to eat at our on-site café.
These elements are safe, kid-friendly, and perfect for individuals, couples on a date, families, and groups. Reservations are required, and you can book online.
Our Pennsylvania cabin rentals offer your whole family (or just you and your spouse) a chance to get away, commune with nature, and enjoy some quality time together. Our 2-bedroom cabins (1 queen, 4 bunkbeds) include a living room, kitchen with microwave and refrigerator, bathroom, linens, free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and heat. Plus, you can enjoy the swimming pool, hiking paths, and campfire while you’re here. Check cabin rates and availability here.
School Field Trips
Are you looking for a fun and educational school field trip idea in Pennsylvania? Whether you’re looking for a day-long or overnight field trip, bring your students to the outdoor classroom at Refreshing Mountain. They’ll experience a hands-on outdoor education in a beautiful, natural setting. Nestled in 80 acres of PA woodlands, we have options that cater to Earth Sciences, Peer-to-Peer development, and Adventure Education. Our programs are designed for group sizes of 9-20 persons per “class” (multiple classes can be simultaneously run for larger groups), guided by professional staff, and developed by professional educators. Choose from one of our half day or full day packages, or customize an event to meet your needs (including an overnight retreat). Learn more about our school field trip options.
Are you looking to take your organization to the next level or just need a little teamwork tune-up? We offer a variety of team building activities that are perfect for a corporate team bonding event, or even just a fun day away from the office to build morale. With our meeting room rentals and on-site dining options, you can even combine fun and work by holding your next corporate meeting at Refreshing Mountain. Our expansive property, facilities, and on-site activities also make a great venue for your next company picnic.
Refreshing Mountain is built on 80 acres of beautiful Pennsylvania woodland, conveniently located near the PA Turnpike (I-76) between Philadelphia and Harrisburg. Close to attractions in PA and MD cities (25 minutes north of Lancaster, 30 minutes east of Hershey, 90 minutes west of Philadelphia, 100 minutes north of Baltimore).
On the map below, you'll find information for this item, as well as a few of the lodging, dining, shopping and activities that are close by. To see more nearby listings, click the “View Full Map” link in the legend below.
- Things to Do
- Places to Eat
- Places to Stay
- Where to Shop
- View full map