Coronavirus Information & Updates
The safety of our visitors is our highest priority. Discover Lancaster will keep this partner page updated as information becomes available.
Last Updated: 3/25/20
The situation related to coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be very fluid, and available resources continue to be updated & revised.
Resources with an operational emphasis & various webinar links
- Lancaster Chamber of Commerce (espc. Section 1, “Gen. Information & Business Resources”)
- PRLA (which includes tourism promotion as part of its work)
In addition, we heard from numerous tourism partners of their closing, as well as events cancelled or postponed, even before Governor Wolf’s statewide order prohibiting non-essential activity and face-to-face interaction for the present time.
Thus, the following talking points may help you in encouraging staff and visitors to make safe and sensible decisions (personalize as needed):
- Our top priority is the well-being of our guests, staff, and the broader community.
- Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf has instituted a statewide order prohibiting non-essential activity and face-to-face interaction, including the closure of the physical locations of all non-life-sustaining businesses. (Restaurant take-out & delivery are still permitted, and lodging properties are allowed to remain open.)
- Thus, in an abundance of caution and following the recommendations of health and public officials, the majority of our tourism partners have closed to the public for the present time. This preventive action also applies to most local events, and to our Visitors Center.
- We’ll be glad to welcome you here once any coronavirus precautions have passed.
We will keep you apprised of updates via-eblast as the situation warrants, but encourage you to regularly check the above sites for new information, as well as this page for anything specific from Discover Lancaster.
If you any questions regarding this material, please email Director of Communications & Advocacy Joel Cliff at firstname.lastname@example.org.