From great venues and facilities, a wide array of hotels to support your event, and a knowledgeable and experienced staff used to handling tournaments and sports events large and small, Lancaster County has the resources you need.
Services We Provide
Discover Lancaster has dedicated staff to help your sports event succeed. Although every event is unique, we've listed some of the most common services we provide for events coming to our area.
- Assistance in facility procurement
- PR and promotion through local and regional media outlets
- Strong working relationships with local sports organizing committees
- Serve as a contact between the event rights-holder and the local host organization(s) or venue(s)
- Industry-standard event hotel booking software
- Provide experienced professional assistance in planning your event
- Assistance in procuring local partners for sponsorship opportunities
- Development of event-specific landing pages to promote your event as well as inform attendees about Lancaster County
- Ability to communicate quickly with our travel & tourism member businesses to enhance the visibility and promotion of your event
"They [Discover Lancaster] and in particular their housing services, have been a pivotal piece in the continued growth of our youth soccer tournaments here in Lancaster County. The professionalism and timeliness demonstrated by the staff when assisting our customers is a great value to our organization and PA Classics has clearly gained positive exposure, both locally and regionally, from our relationship with them".
— Mike Henning, Vice President and Tournament Director
PA Classics AC
Positioned as a major new catalyst for the continued revitalization of Lancaster City, the Lancaster County Convention Center and adjoining Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square offers a combined 90,000 square feet of meeting space and the latest technology for sporting events.
The Best Western PREMIER Eden Resort & Suites in Lancaster remains popular with event planners for many reasons, including its well-appointed two-room suites perfect for families traveling long distances to tournaments.
In addition to our full-service accomodations, many families enjoy other properties including the Hampton Inn Lancaster, Country Inn of Lancaster, and the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lancaster.
"In over 10 years of producing national sports tours, I have never seen the carpet laid out as it was in Lancaster County….plush and deep red! Our participants and spectators were for once not looked upon as invaders but as fellow Lancaster citizens for their duration of stay! Hospitality as never seen before!”
— Bart Bayston, Best Unlimited