2024 Ice & Fire Festival
The City of Harrisburg presents the 7th annual M&T Bank Ice & Fire Festival on Saturday, March 2, 2024 from 11am-7pm. This free event will feature 50+ large and small ice sculptures throughout the City and a Downtown street festival with an ice slide, fire dancers, live ice carvings, ice skating rink, fire pits and smores, performances by local school and community groups, kids activities, vendors, and more. Ice sculptures will be along the Downtown street festival path on North 2nd Street and Market Street, as well as City Island, Midtown, Italian Lake, Shipoke, & Reservoir Park. The sculptures will be illuminated starting at 5:30pm.
View the event schedule, parking options, road closures, and more below.
Saturday, March 2, 2024
- 11am-7pm: Downtown street festival on 2nd Street between Market & Pine Street featuring an ice slide, fire dancers, live ice carvings, fire pits and smores, performances by local school and community groups, free kids activities, food trucks, artisan market, vendors, and more.
- Starting at 11am: View 60+ ice sculptures throughout the City. The sculptures will be illuminated starting at 5:30pm. The sculptures will remain in place throughout the day and the days that follow as weather permits.
- DOWNTOWN – 2nd Street from Market to State Streets, Market Street from 2nd to 4th Streets, & SoMa (3rd Street from Market to Chestnut)
- CITY ISLAND
- ITALIAN LAKE
- MIDTOWN – 3rd Street from Forster to Reily
- RESERVOIR PARK– near the bandshell on Reservoir Dr
- SHIPOKE– along Riverfront Park near Conoy & Tuscarora Streets
All Day: Drink specials from participating locations throughout the City. View all specials and hours of participating businesses in the program guide when available.
Various time throughout the day: Local businesses across the City will offer a variety of activities, such as crafts, horse drawn carriage rides, live ice carvings and more. View all details in the program guide.
Plan Your Visit:
PARKING: DowntownCity Island- Midtown - Italian Lake - Reservoir Park - Shipoke
Downtown – Street parking is free after 5pm on Saturday in the designated Downtown area (see map here) and free all day on Sunday. Get 4 hours of free Downtown street parking using the code LUVHBG on the Parkmobile app. A discounted $10 rate from 10am-10pm is available at the Market Square Garage courtesy of Park Harrisburg on March 2. The Walnut Street and Chestnut Street garages will also be available (standard rates apply).
- Friday, March 1: 2nd Street will be closed between Market & Walnut Street starting at 9am.
- Saturday, March 2: 2nd Street will be closed between Market and Pine Street from 7am-10pm. Note that you will not be able to enter the River Street Garage at this time. Market Street will be closed between Front and 2nd Street from 7am-10pm.
Free Shuttles: Krapf School Buses will offer a free ADA accessible shuttle bus between City Island, Downtown, & Midtown on March 2. See the shuttle stop locations on the event map.
The schedule is as follows:
- City Island (in the parking lot near the Walnut Street Bridge) bus departs every 30 minutes starting at 11am and ending at 7pm. The last drop off to City Island will be after the 7:15pm Midtown pick-up.
- Downtown (bus stop at 2nd & Market) bus departs every 30 minutes starting at 11:05am and ending at 7:05pm
- Midtown (on Verbeke Street near the Broad Street Market) bus departs every 30 minutes starting at 11:15am and ending at 7:15pm
The train station is located Downtown with easy access to ice sculptures, the street festival, restaurants and more. Bus stops are located throughout all neighborhoods. View the bus schedule.
Stay in the City for the weekend to explore everything it has to offer in addition ot the festival. There are several hotels, bed & breakfasts, and other accommodations available. Learn more at www.explorehbg.com/stay