Lancaster is home to some of the best family-friendly attractions where you and your kids can play, learn, and discover while making lasting memories.
Lancaster County's seemingly endless rolling Amish countryside back roads...
Outdoor Kid-Friendly Things to Do
If you’re interested in history, sports, the Amish and more, it’s time to slather on the sunscreen for days of exploring. Let our list be your guide to great outdoor adventures here in Lancaster County.
Kid-Approved Outdoor Attractions in Lancaster, PA
Ready for a day at an amusement park? Craving some time with cuddly farm animals? You’ll find all of this and more in Lancaster County. Family fun and lasting memories await!
- Cherry Crest Adventure Farm | 150 Cherry Hill Road, Ronks
- Strasburg Rail Road | 301 Gap Road, Strasburg
- Dutch Wonderland | 2249 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster
- Eastland Alpacas | 2089 Risser Mill Road, Mount Joy
- Long’s Park | 1441 Harrisburg Avenue, Lancaster
- Wolf Sanctuary of PA | 465 Speedwell Forge Road, Lititz
- Lil Miniature Horse Farm | 264 Paradise Lane, Ronks
- Nookside Stables | 500 Landisville Road, Manheim
- Hershey Gardens | 170 Hotel Road, Hershey
- Hersheypark | 100 West Hersheypark Drive, Hershey
History & Heritage Attractions in Lancaster, PA
Discover Lancaster’s rich history and heritage, tucked into a variety of interactive attractions. Kids will enjoy learning as they step back in time to experience traditions from the past.
- Hans Herr House and Museum | 1849 Hans Herr Drive, Willow Street
- Mascot Roller Mills and Ressler Family Home | Stumptown Road & Newport Road, Ronks
- Ephrata Cloister | 632 West Main Street, Ephrata
- Landis Valley Farm Village & Museum | 2451 Kissel Hill Road, Lancaster
- President James Buchanan’s Wheatland | 230 North President Avenue, Lancaster
- Rock Ford Plantation | 881 Rockford Road, Lancaster
- Middletown and Hummelstown Railroad | 136 Brown Street, Middletown
- Strasburg Rail Road | 301 Gap Road, Strasburg
Mini-Golf & Outdoor Sports in Lancaster, PA
How about a little friendly competition or an active adventure? For families who love sports, Lancaster is home to plenty of outdoor activities including mini-golf courses, zip lines, kayaking, and even a minor league baseball team to cheer on.
- Lancaster Barnstormers Baseball | 650 North Prince Street, Lancaster
- Overlook Activity Center | 605 Granite Run Drive, Lancaster
- Chiques Rock Outfitters | 41 Walnut Street, Columbia
- Ziplines at Refreshing Mountain | 455 Camp Road, Stevens
- AvalancheXpress Snow Tubing | 2700 Mount Rose Avenue, York
- The Shack Restaurant & Mini Golf | 662 South Oak Street, Manheim
- Lost Treasure Mini Golf | 2521 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster
- Boulders Mini Golf | Route 30, Mountville Exit, Mountville
- Water’s Edge Mini Golf | 230 North Ronks Road, Bird-in-Hand
- Village Greens Mini Golf and Snack Shoppe | 1444 Village Road, Strasburg
- Columbia Crossing River Trails Center | 41 Walnut Street, Columbia
- Mt. Gretna Lake & Beach | 130 Lakeview Drive, Lebanon
- Adventure Sports in Hershey | 3010 Elizabethtown Road, Hershey
Outdoor Tours in Lancaster, PA
Learn about this great area with a tour – from tours around the farm to a trip through a cavern. Tours are a great way to learn and experience something new.
- Kreider Farm Tour | 1467 Lancaster Road, Manheim
- Intercourse Bike Works | 3614 Old Philadelphia Pike, Intercourse
- Farm Tours at Verdant View Farm | 429 Strasburg Road, Paradise
- Lancaster County Food Tours | Downtown Lancaster & Lititz
- Historic Lancaster Walking Tour | Downtown Lancaster
- Red Rose Walking Tour | Downtown Lancaster
- Ghost Tours of Lancaster | Strasburg & Downtown Lancaster
- Indian Echo Caverns | 368 Middletown Road, Hummelstown
Amish Experiences in Lancaster, PA
Many families come to Lancaster County to learn about and experience the Amish community that calls the county home. Sunny days are the perfect time to take a buggy ride and tour an Amish farm or living heritage attraction, all while your family learns about this unplugged way to life.
- Abe’s Buggy Rides | 2596 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand
- Ed’s Buggy Rides | 253 Hartman Bridge Road, Ronks
- Amish Farm & House | 2395 Covered Bridge Road, Lancaster
- Amish Village | 199 Hartman Bridge Road, Ronks
- A is for Amish Buggy Rides | 312 Paradise Lane, Ronks
- Aaron & Jessica’s Buggy Rides | 3121 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand
- AAA Buggy Rides | 3529 Old Philadelphia Pike, Intercourse
- Old Windmill Farm | 262 Paradise Lane, Ronks
- The Amish Experience | 3121 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand
Lancaster County museums offer insight into every aspect of the culture in...
Indoor Kid-Friendly Things to Do
Although the weather in Lancaster is often beautiful, the rain is essential. Don't go home early because the sun isn't out, we have many fun, kid-approved things to do that are under a dry roof. Whether the weather is sunny or rainy, these activities will make for a day your kids won't soon forget.
From indoor sports to hands-on museums, fill your rainy days with last fun while making memories in the process. When the sun decides to shine, you can also check out the exciting outdoor things to do with kids in Lancaster, PA.
Foodie Fun for the Family in Lancaster, PA
Food-filled attractions in Lancaster County give kids the opportunity to learn more about how their favorite snacks and sweets are made. They can even make and eat their own treats – a delicious way to make memories together.
- Turkey Hill Experience | 302 Linden Street, Columbia
- Herr’s Snack Factory Tour | 271 Old Baltimore Pike, Nottingham
- September Farms Cheese | 5287 Horseshoe Pike, Honey Brook
- Wilbur Chocolate Store | 45 North Broad Street, Lititz
- Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery | 219 East Main Street, Lititz
- The Hershey Story Museum | 63 West Chocolate Avenue, Hershey
Indoor Sports & Activities in Lancaster, PA
If cabin-fever has set in, and you're looking for a way to get lots of energy out, we've got plenty of high-energy places to play and explore. Make memories with an exhilarating game of laser tag, take to the rock climbing wall, or even exercise your brain at a local escape room.
- Lancaster Ice Rink | 371 Carerra Drive, Lancaster
- Lancaster Archery Supply | 2195A Old Philadelphia Pike, Lancaster
- Rocky Springs Entertainment Center | 1495 Millport Road, Lancaster
- Leisure Bowling and Golfing Center | 3440 Columbia Avenue, Lancaster
- Go ‘N Bananas | 1170 Garfield Avenue, Lancaster
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park | 1701 Hempstead Road, Lancaster
- Spooky Nook Sports | 2913 Spooky Nook Road, Manheim
- Carlisle Sports Emporium | 29 South Middlesex Road, Carlisle
- Escape. On Queen | 43 North Queen Street, Lancaster
- Escape Room Lancaster | 18 East McGovern Avenue, Lancaster
Artsy Activities in Lancaster, PA
For the aspiring artists, find your way out of the rain and into one of Lancaster's creative spaces, including pottery studios, a bead shop and studio, and even a place where little ones make, dress and name an Amish doll.
- The Pottery Works | 16 West Orange Street, Lancaster
- The Bead Works & Gem Den | 16 West Orange Street, Lancaster
- Zole Art Factory | 17 West Main Street, Strasburg
- Make-a-Friend Workshop | 3529 Newport Road, Intercourse
- Painting with a Twist | 124 S. Centerville Road, Lancaster
Kid-Friendly Theatres in Lancaster, PA
Theaters throughout Lancaster County are bringing family-friendly shows to life on stage. From magic shows to Broadway-caliber musicals, your family will love the chance to sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
- Fulton Theatre | 12 North Prince Street, Lancaster
- American Music Theatre | 2425 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster
- Magic & Wonder at Bird-in-Hand Stage | 2760 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand
- Sight & Sound Theatres | 300 Hartman Bridge Road, Ronks
- Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre | 510 Centerville Road, Lancaster
Museums & Hands-on Activities in Lancaster, PA
Learning can be fun, especially when kids are able to discover new things through hands-on activities. Lancaster's unique heritage and history provides the perfect home for museums and historical attractions that provide interactive learning for your young history buff.
- Railroad Museum of PA | 300 Gap Road, Strasburg
- AACA Museum | 161 Museum Drive, Hershey
- Tiny Town | 533 Janet Avenue, Lancaster
- North Museum of Nature & Science | 400 College Avenue, Lancaster
- Choo Choo Barn | 226 Gap Road, Strasburg
- Lancaster Science Factory | 454 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster
- National Toy Train Museum | 300 Paradise Lane, Strasburg
- Hands-on House, Children’s Museum | 721 Landis Valley Road, Lancaster
- The Pennsylvania National Fire Museum | 1820 North 4th Street, Harrisburg
10 spots for family-friendly eatslearn more
Make your way through our exciting alphabet of activitieslearn more
Although the weather in Lancaster is often beautiful, the rain shouldn't put an end to the fun.learn more
Burn off some energy with these exciting ideas.learn more
Suggestions for traveling to Lancaster with teenagerslearn more