View the latest articles and news that went out in our bi-weekly Partner e-news.
August 26, 2021
Our Summer Marketing Success
As we near the end of our summer marketing campaign, we are pleased with the increase in web traffic to our website and to our partner pages.
• For the months of June - mid-August, DiscoverLancaster.com is up 42% in users from 2019, and 47.8% in New Users. (For most browsers, the cookie by default lasts for two years of inactivity, so any New Users would not have visited our site since before summer 2019).
• We have distributed nearly all of the visitors guides we printed for 2021 and are printing an additional 50,000, which we will have in-house in on September 13th.
• Summer (June - mid-August) demand of 419,090 rooms generated $55.9M in revenue for Lancaster hotels, outperforming 2019 demand of 377,540 rooms (+11%) and revenue of $45.9M (+21.8%).
The team is beginning to look forward and create content for the upcoming fall/holiday season. Please be sure to update your content on our website, and sending any major events and happenings to be considered for our social media & web content to Jess at email@example.com.
Registration Now Open for Discover Lancaster Partner Night
You and your family are invited to a special Discover Lancaster Partner night at Clipper Magazine Stadium on October 6th. In addition to watching our hometown team take on the Long Island Ducks, there will be a behind-the-scenes tour, in-game promotions, and other fun activities.
Arrive at 5:00 for the special tour and stay for the game beginning at 6:30. Each family will also receive 2 food vouchers good for a hot dog, soda, and chips.
RSVP by September 30th to reserve your tickets, and feel free to send this invite to other members of your staff. We can't wait to see you there! (REGISTER HERE)
Telling Lancaster’s Story With PR
Overall in July, we obtained coverage in 67 stories, reaching 58 million people and worth $678,000 in ad value. We also interacted with 22 separate media outlets – 11 via pro-active pitch and 11 via re-active response – which included assisting with five press visits.
And here are just a few of our destination’s additional top media “hits” recently:
• “15 Unique RV Sites & Campgrounds for a PA Getaway” (Lake-in-Wood leads off) – VisitPA.com, 7/6/21
• “A Conference Hotel in Amish Country gets a Makeover” (Wyndham Lanc. Resort) – Northeast Meetings + Events, 7/13/21
• “PA’s Ice Cream Trail Includes 31 Stops Across the State” (incl. Oregon Dairy) – TravelAndLeisure.com, 7/27/21
• “20 fun U.S. destinations that won’t cost a fortune” (incl. Lanc.) – MSN Travel, 8/10/21
• “Food, History, & Family Fun in Lancaster County” – Find It Frederick (MD) magazine, Summer 2021
July Tourism Metrics
A Monthly round-up of Marketing, PR, STR Report, Sales & Partnership metrics. Click here to view.
Does Your Business Offer ADA Accessible Amenities?
Traveling to a new place can be an exciting adventure, but finding the spots that are great for everyone can be a challenge.
In an ongoing effort to be a more valuable guide for guests seeking ADA Accessible options in Lancaster, we are gathering and seeking “amenity” information from our Partners.
By checking a few boxes in the Partner Portal indicating your property’s amenities, you are giving us another tool in helping families and differently abled guests plan their adventures in Lancaster County! Click here for a brief video showing how you can update these amenities for your property.
Updated Visitors Center Hours
The Discover Lancaster Visitors Center will be open 7 days a week from 9 AM to 4 PM during the months of September and October. We are still seeing a steady flow of guests who are stopping by for information on what they can see and do during their visit. If you are a partner with Visitors Center benefits, be sure that we have your most up-to-date collateral to hand out to guests. Lodging partners are welcome to call our Lodging Hotline daily at (717) 299-8904 with their current availability.