National Watch & Clock Museum
514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512
- Adults: $9, Children 5-16: $5
- 31 Dec
Ring in the New Year with Father Time and Baby New Year at the place that is the center of time—The National Watch and Clock Museum. The Museum’s New Year’s Eve at Noon event on December 31 is the only local New Year’s Eve party designed specifically for children during daylight hours.
Children will learn about the passage of time using traditional adult activities presented in a child-friendly manner. As part of the traditional celebration, the Museum will host a countdown with Father Time, complete with a balloon drop at the strike of noon. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Father Time will lead guests in a dance party full of fun and swinging music.
Activities include time to:
• Make New Year’s hats out of recycled materials to wear as you celebrate the new year
• Pose in the Museum’s New Year’s photo booth while you show off your party hat
• Play a New Year’s trivia game testing your knowledge of New Year’s traditions and history
• Participate in family challenges like Minute to Win It as you race against the clock
• Enjoy a special New Year’s Eve story time
• Create a time capsule to remember 2016
• Write your resolutions for 2017 on Resolution Wall
• Decorate a cookie like a clock face with Rivertownes PA, USA and enjoy it as a snack afterward
• Accessorize with glitter tattoos and face painting by Mimzy’s Face Painting
Advanced registration is not necessary and all activities are included with regular paid admission of adults $9, senior citizens $8, children age 5-16 $5, children younger than 5 free, and a family rate of $23. For additional information, contact 717.684.8261, ext. 237.
On the map below, you'll find information for this item, as well as a few of the lodging, dining, shopping and activities that are close by. To see more nearby listings, click the “View Full Map” link in the legend below.
- Things to Do
- Places to Eat
- Places to Stay
- Where to Shop
- View full map