Rainy Day Things to Do
Although the weather in Lancaster is often beautiful, the rain is essential.
During these uncertain times, we recommend checking for updated hours online, calling ahead and following these destinations on social media for the most up-to-date information. Be sure to wear a mask and maintain a safe social distance when you're in public places. Stay safe and have fun!
It helps us to provide the freshest produce and ripest, juiciest fruit at our numerous farm markets and roadside stands. If some not-so friendly clouds roll in during your trip – there’s no need to panic. We’ve pulled together the ultimate guide of indoor things to do just for that occasion.
What to do on a Rainy Day in Lancaster
Don’t let those rainy days put a damper on your stay here. Lancaster, PA is home to plenty of indoor attractions – from museums to indoor sports and activities that are equally as fun and entertaining as the outdoor adventures.
Kid Friendly Fun for Rainy Days in Lancaster
The forecast doesn’t have to put a damper on your family fun and lasting memories. Kids can explore, learn, and use their imagination at one of Lancaster’s indoor attractions that will entertain the entire family.
- Choo Choo Barn | 226 Gap Road, Strasburg
- The Pottery Works | 16 West Orange Street, Lancaster
- Zole Space | 4 S. Decatur Street, Strasburg
- Tiny Town | 533 Janet Avenue, Lancaster
- Go ‘N Bananas | 1170 Garfield Avenue, Lancaster
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park | 1701 Hempstead Road, Lancaster
- Laserdome | 2050 Auction Road, Manheim
- Rocky Springs Entertainment Center | 1495 Millport Road, Lancaster
- Leisure Bowling and Golfing Center | 3440 Columbia Avenue, Lancaster
- Carlisle Sports Emporium | 29 South Middlesex Road, Carlisle
- North Museum of Nature & Science | 400 College Avenue, Lancaster
- Lancaster Science Factory | 454 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster
- Hands on House, Children's Museum | 721 Landis Valley Road, Lancaster
- Snapology | 1571 Manheim Pike, Lancaster
- Magic & Wonder Theatre | 3065 Lincoln Highway, Paradise, PA 17652
Tasty Fun in Lancaster for Rainy Days
For the foodies on a rainy day, you’ll find tasty treats galore – from twisting your own pretzels to sipping locally-made whiskey. There is no shortage of things to eat and drinks to enjoy, all while learning about their origins and how they’re made.
- Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery | 219 East Main Street, Lititz
- Turkey Hill Experience | 302 Linden Street, Columbia
- Thistle Finch Distillery | 417 West Grant Street, Lancaster
- Herr’s Snack Factory Tour | 271 Old Baltimore Pike, Nottingham
- Stoll & Wolfe Distillery | 35 North Cedar Street, Lititz
- September Farms Cheese | 5287 Horseshoe Pike, Honey Brook
- Wilbur Chocolate Store | 45 North Broad Street, Lititz
- Meduseld Meadery | 252 Harrisburg Avenue, Lancaster
- Vineyard & Brewery at Hershey | 598 Schoolhouse Road, Middletown
- Waltz Vineyard Estate Winery | 1599 Old Line Road, Manheim
- Nissley Vineyard | 140 Vintage Drive, Bainbridge
- The Vineyard at Grandview | 1489 Grandview Road, Mount Joy
- Fox Meadows Creamery | 2475 West Main Street, Ephrata
Rainy Day Shopping in Lancaster, PA
While outdoor activities may be out of the question, a little shopping certainly isn’t! From outlets to farmers markets, these indoor shopping options are perfect for when the rain rolls in.
- Farmers Markets | Click here for a list of local markets
- Antique Shops | Click here for a list of antique shops and markets
- Tanger Outlets | 311 Stanley K Tanger Blvd, Lancaster
- Ten Thousand Villages | 240 North Reading Road, Ephrata
- Zum Anker Alley Shop | 22 East Main Street, Lititz
- Kitchen Kettle Village | 3529 Old Philadelphia Pike, Intercourse
- DogStar Books | 401 West Lemon Street, Lancaster
Click here for even more shopping in Lancaster.
Catch a Show on a Rainy Day in Lancaster
Cozy up in one of Lancaster, PA’s theaters for a high-quality drama, comedy, musical, or live performance, perfect for a raining day. Take in the beauty of the historic Fulton Theatre while enjoying a Broadway caliber show or dive into a Bible story at the epic Sight & Sound Theatres. If a more intimate experience is more your style, the Ware Center and Trust Performing Arts Center feature short-run performances in a smaller setting. American Music Theatre also often has big names coming to Lancaster for concerts and other shows. Magic & Wonder Theatre offers kid friendly magic and illusion shows that leave all ages in awe.
Click here for a full listing of Lancaster, PA theaters.
Tours & Museums for Rainy Days in Lancaster
Dive in to local history or learn with hands-on, kid-friendly fun at one of Lancaster, PA’s fantastic museums. Lots of learning is in store for those rainy days. Whether your interest, there’s a museum or tour for you to explore.
- National Toy Train Museum | 300 Paradise Lane, Strasburg
- QVC Studio Tour | 1200 Wilson Drive, West Chester
- State Museum of Pennsylvania | 300 North Street, Harrisburg
- New Holland Haytools Factory Tour | 350 Diller Avenue, Building 30, New Holland
Click here for even more Lancaster County museums.