The Star Barn at Stone Gables Estate features the beloved,...
Stone Gables Estate, home of Ironstone Ranch and The Star Barn Village
1 Hollinger Lane Elizabethtown, PA 17022
This event has expired and is here for your information.
Join us on Labor Day, September 7, 2020, at the beautiful and historic 275-acre Stone Gables Estate for an afternoon and evening of fun, family, festivities, and fireworks! Bring your own blanket or chair and claim your spot!
Hours: 4:00 p.m. through fireworks. Rain or shine. Tickets are limited and are on a first-come, first-served basis. GENERAL ADMISSION FEES: Order online and save! • $30 per vehicle • Larger vehicles (nine or more passengers - please inquire about pricing)
Purchase of a General Admission ticket includes the following activities:
• Watch two of Jerry Albert’s large remote-controlled World War II model battleships as they navigate Lake Liberty
• A self-guided tour of The Star Barn Village which includes the historic and fully restored 1877 Star Barn and its associated outbuildings (including The Hog Barn, Chicken Coop, and Carriage House)
• A self-guided tour of the fully restored 1860 Ironstone Ranch (main and mini barns)
• A self-guided tour of the 1844 Herr’s Mill Covered Bridge
• Stoll the gardens• “Walk and Talk in the Village” (small group tours)
• Updates about the National Christmas Center by Jim Morrison, founder
• The Reflective Oaks Prayer Walk
• The Shepherd’s Staff Zoo - view alpacas, donkeys, a miniature pony, and a pot-bellied pig
• Pony rides• Tractor-pulled wagon shuttle rides• Use of firepits
• Yard games• A scavenger hunt for kids or “kids at heart”
• Wine tasting and sales by Waltz Vineyards
• Music by Titus Touch
• A full-color Star Barn booklet
• Fireworks at approximately 8:00 p.m.
The following activities are available for a fee:
• Enjoy a one-of-a-kind 1.2-mile, round-trip narrated train excursion through the center of Stone Gables Estate on the Harrisburg, Lincoln & Lancaster Railroad, traversing the original 1838 railroad bed on which President Lincoln’s funeral train traveled on April 22, 1865. Train ride tickets during the event are available on-site.
• $10 – Adults• $5 – Ages 6 – 17 | Free – Ages 5 and underRide times: 4:15 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 5:45 p.m., and 6:30 p.m. Until further notice, passenger capacity has been reduced by 50% to better accommodate social distancing. (Please note: The Lincoln Funeral Car and Pioneer Coach are not handicap accessible.)
• Food concessions by Food for Thought and others
• Souvenirs and gifts are available for purchase at The Sower and The Seed Shoppe
• Horseback rides may be available before the event. Please call 717.413.2660 to check availability.
• Lodging may be available during this event. Please call 717.902.9791, Option 5, for information and to make a reservation. (Bookings include complimentary tickets to the Labor Day event.)
Entrance: Brittany’s Hope, 1160 North Market Street, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. Watch for signage.
All are welcome! We hope to see you there! To order tickets, visit https://stonegablesestate.com/event-calendar/. Scroll down to the “Labor Day at Stone Gables Estate” banner and press “Click here for Tickets and Information."