Bird-in-Hand Village Inn & Suites
Amish Country Bed & Breakfast Expanded into Romantic Suites in Lancaster, PA
Shed the stresses of today’s world and step back in time. Our 18th Century inn is listed in both the Lancaster County Register of Historic Places and the National Register of Historic Places. What used to be an 11-room Lancaster County bed and breakfast built in 1852 has been expanded into a 24-room Amish Country inn.
Start your day with a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast with homemade baked goods and delicious hot farm-fresh selections, and end it with a relaxing soak in a Jacuzzi tub.
Each of the meticulously-decorated rooms and suites are tastefully adorned with period furnishings and modern amenities (such as free Wi-Fi and cable TV), and are located in four carefully-preserved historic buildings in the quaint village of Bird-in-Hand, PA. Each room or suite provides the perfect retreat for relaxation in comfort and privacy, while putting you within easy walking distance of our popular Restaurant & Buffet Smorgasbord and our Bakery & Cafe, as well as a local farmers market, antique gallery, old-fashioned country store, hot air balloon rides, and more. Other nearby attractions include the Village of Intercourse, Kitchen Kettle Village, Sight & Sound Theatre, American Music Theatre, outlet malls, and more.
A complementary Amish-country tour is included for all guests, and there’s plenty of free Wi-Fi in every room.
Guests often gather on the sun porch for relaxed reading and conversation while overlooking the rolling farmland. Treat yourself to our wine-tasting package or, for an authentic Lancaster County experience, ask about our Farm-to-Fork and Harvest tours. And our innkeeper is always glad to make suggestions to help you get the most from your stay.
• Complementary in-room Wi-Fi and cable TV
• In-room refrigerator, hair dryer and other conveniences
• Individual room climate control (air conditioning and heat)
• Non-smoking room or suite with en suite private bath
• Daily deluxe continental breakfast with homemade baked goods; farm-fresh hot selections like gravy over biscuits, homemade oatmeal and Belgian waffles, and more OR a credit at our next-door Bakery & Cafe, which offers specialty coffee drinks as well as donuts and pastries, bagels and made-to-order sandwiches on a choice of fresh-baked artisan breads and rolls (Monday – Saturday. Sunday brunch is available at Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord, within walking distance.)
• Evening sweet and salty snack, with hot and cold beverages
• Keurig coffeemakers available in the lounges around the clock
• Complimentary scenic two-hour tour of Amish country farmlands
• Use of indoor and outdoor pools and other recreational facilities at our nearby family inn (within walking distance)
• Discounted tickets to Bird-in-Hand Stage shows
• Check-in: 3:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Because we have just 24 rooms and suites, we can offer a level of service and attention to detail that you will rarely find anywhere else. Whether you are planning a weekend getaway in Lancaster, PA or an extended stay, celebrating an anniversary, organizing a girlfriends’ retreat, or simply looking for a romantic bed and breakfast near Lancaster, PA, we can help you select the ideal room or suite for your visit to Amish Country.
If you’re celebrating a special occasion, we would be happy to set the stage with custom enhancements to your room. For a modest additional charge, we can provide fruit baskets, sparkling cider and chocolates or cheese and crackers, or other items to make the moment more romantic and memorable.
We’re a proud recipient of the TripAdvisor Award of Excellence.
Book a room on our website or call us at (800) 914-2473.
- Audio Visual Services
- On-site Catering
- On-site Parking
- Wifi Available
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Private Bath
- Open For Business