There is nothing more convenient than walking from your...
Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord
Come Hungry. Eat Hearty. Go Home Happy.
If you're craving home cooking and farm-fresh goodness, you're in the right place. Whether you feast from our all-you-can-eat smorgasbord, sample the offerings on our sumptuous soup-and-salad bar, or select something from our varied menu, you’re sure to be satisfied.
We make most of what we serve from scratch - soups, salad dressings, macaroni salad and coleslaw - right down to the tartar sauce, cocktail sauce and applesauce. We use only the freshest ingredients. In season, fruits and vegetables come from local Amish and Mennonite farms, and we use meat and poultry from Lancaster County producers. Try the mouthwatering burgers made from Angus beef raised on John Smucker’s farm.
Some of our most popular traditional Pennsylvania Dutch recipes date back to Grandma Smucker. National Geographic introduced her to the world in 1938, and the Smucker family still approves every recipe we use today. Great food has been a Smucker family tradition for generations. Join us for:
- Breakfast smorgasbord with a daily selection of hot entrees, fresh fruits, mouth-watering pastries and more
- Grand smorgasbord with an ever-changing selection of home-cooked, farm-fresh dishes and desserts
- Soup, salad and bread bar, featuring our homemade soups, fresh-baked breads, assorted cheeses and farm-fresh salads
- Dessert bar with homemade puddings and oatmeal pie, plus cakes, cookies and more from the Bird-in-Hand Bakery & Cafe
- Menu dining for those who prefer to order from our expansive breakfast, lunch or dinner menus
For your convenience, we also offer call-ahead seating to minimize wait times. Call (717) 768-1550 within an hour of your arrival. We are happy to accommodate large groups. Groups of more than 20 people should call (717) 768-1111.
Before you leave, browse our selection of homemade specialties so you can enjoy our delicious favorites at home. We also offer artisan breads, whoopie pies, cakes, pies and other goodies from our Bird-in-Hand Bakery & Cafe.