From egg hunts to bunny trains, it’s hoppin’!
Strasburg Rail Road™
Take a ride on America's oldest operating railroad at Strasburg Rail Road. During the relaxing 45-minute train ride, you can soak in the scenery as you travel through Lancaster County’s picturesque farmland. The authentic steam trains offer seating in our Presidential, First-Class, Coach, and Open-Air Cars. No matter how you choose to take your journey, it will be an experience to remember.
When you arrive back at the station, you can expect a genuine steam train railroad atmosphere. Along with the charming setting, Strasburg Rail Road offers plenty of unique extras such as pump cars, a shop tour, and plenty of fun extras for the little passengers, like our Pint-Sized Pufferbelly and Cranky Cars.
Visit Strasburg Rail Road for special events throughout the year, including these:
- Easter Bunny Train: Hop aboard the Strasburg Rail Road Easter Bunny Train and travel through the Lancaster County countryside with the Easter Bunny as your Conductor. Boys and girls will be delighted with an Easter surprise as the Easter Bunny greets them on board. Photo opportunities with the Easter Bunny will be available during the train ride. Don't forget to bring your Easter basket and enjoy our annual Easter Egg Hunt as part of your ticket.
- The Great Train Robbery: Travel back in time to 1934 for a thrilling adventure on the rails! Be prepared to encounter an A-list celebrity who travels in style – complete with high fashion, sparkling jewels, and bountiful riches. But watch out! Alleged sightings of the dynamic duo, Bonnie and Clyde, have been reported and they may be on the train.
- Wine & Cheese Train: Enjoy the luxurious, air-conditioned, first-class accommodations in the Parlor or Lounge Cars with a selection of wine, cheese, and crackers. Take in the stunning views as you travel down the tracks to Paradise, PA, and back. April through November on select Saturday evenings at 6:00 PM or 7:00 PM.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Train: Dine aboard the Strasburg Rail Road as you're immersed in mystery on the rails with Act 1 Productions. Stay sharp - the culprit might not be who you think it is! Select Saturdays in April through September and November.
- Day Out with Thomas™: All aboard Thomas the Tank Engine™, as he chugs into Strasburg Rail Road three times a year. Ride a full-sized steam train pulled by Thomas, meet Pals, Percy and Sir Topham Hatt™, and enjoy many other exciting Thomas themed activities. New this year, Thomas is making an appearance at our annual Halloween event in October! Order tickets by visiting https://www.strasburgrailroad.com/ride/events/day-out-with-thomas/event-information/ or by calling 1-866-468-7630.
- Santa's Paradise Express: A holiday tradition brings the magic of this season to thousands of families who believe. Strasburg Rail Road transforms into a winter wonderland inviting families to enjoy a train ride with Santa, carolers, musicians on the mall, storytellers, and much more. Children are treated to storybook readings of holiday classics aboard our stationary Caboose and visitors of all ages can enjoy a ride aboard the Tinsel Trolley, a self-propelled motorcar.
- The Night Before Christmas Train: Recreate the excitement and anticipation of Christmas Eve aboard our Night Before Christmas Train. A reader dressed in a Victorian nightshirt and cap reads Clement Clarke Moore's classic poem, The Night Before Christmas, as the train rolls along and passengers enjoy cookies and milk. Children are also treated to storybook readings of other holiday classics aboard our stationary Caboose and visitors of all ages can enjoy a ride aboard the Tinsel Trolley, a self-propelled motorcar.
- Christmas Tree Train: Ride aboard the Christmas Tree Train to Leaman Place Grove where you can choose a pre-cut Fraser or Douglas Fir tree and have it delivered back to the station by flatcar.
Visit our website for more information, train schedule, fares, and to purchase event tickets.
- Motorcoach Parking
- On-site Parking
The Holiday season in Lancaster County is full of themed...
Crisp air, festive foliage, and flavors to savor
Gear up for fall with these festive activities.
Fun ideas for the family before school starts!
Lancaster is known best for it's beautiful farmland and the...