The enduring holiday spirit of a Lancaster County Christmas
More than ever, travel must be an informed, responsible, and personal choice. And if you’re ready for a holiday getaway, or whenever the time is right, Lancaster County is here to safely welcome visitors.
Visitor safety is our first priority, and that principle is being put into practice by tourism properties across the county, as they follow CDC guidelines and ask their guests to do the same.
So come and discover distinctive shopping and delicious food & drink throughout the city, towns, and countryside of Lancaster County, along with wonderful seasonal activities and welcoming lodging options.
- Make merry with shopping “finds” from our charming towns and villages like Lititz and Ephrata, great deals from the many outlet stores at both Tanger and The Shops at Rockvale, and the creativity of Lancaster City’s retailers.
- Ride with childlike wonder through Amish farmlands on the Strasburg Rail Road Christmas Trains.
- Enjoy a fabulous production of “Elf the Musical” at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre, Mount Hope’s “Holidays Dinner Theater,” “The GÜT Life! Christmas with the Yoders & Nick” at Bird-in-Hand Stage, Sight & Sound Theatre’s new “Queen Esther”, or “Believe” at Magic & Wonder Theater.
- Delight in the yuletide spirit of the Christmas Village at Bird-in-Hand on 12/11-12, with Santa & his reindeer, carriage rides, village shopping, family activities, and more.
- Brighten your night with the drive-thru holiday light shows at Dutch Wonderland, Clipper Magazine Stadium, Stone Gables Estate, or Refreshing Mountain (plus zipline options!).
- Revel in the joyous treasures and activities at iconic foodie stop Kitchen Kettle Village.
- Head to Elizabeth Farms through 12/16 to pick out a beautiful pre-cut Christmas tree. Afterward, warm up with complimentary hot chocolate and explore the Christmas Fantasy Barn, with Santa’s Workshop, Bloomingdale’s Holiday Window Displays, and the Model Train Room.
- Get festive with two fun events from the Amish Farm & House – the Amish Christmas Cookie Tour and Santa & Goats.
Lancaster County is a wonderful blend of urban style and rural splendor, with many rich cultures, from the Amish to the arts. Travelers can take in our vibrant downtown city life – with galleries, great dining, specialty shops, and live music – or explore surrounding towns and villages to get a sampling of the heritage, food, craftsmanship, and attractions for which Lancaster is famous.
For more information:
Joel Cliff, Dir. of Communications