What’s New in Lancaster
Travelers have lots of fresh reasons to visit Lancaster County
Lancaster County has always been known as a destination where you can create new memories based on fresh experiences. Check out the latest offerings we have in store for you in 2022!
- Broadway has nothing on the epic, innovative productions of Sight & Sound Theatres, and this year’s debut of “David” will no doubt electrify audiences. Premiering in March, the Bible’s most legendary king comes to life on stage, with original songs & choreography and incredible special effects.
- Our very own Magic & Wonder Theater recently won the “Oscar of Magic” – the Merlin Award – for Best Magic & Variety Show. In addition to a new magic show this year, they’re also unveiling “Jukebox Jive,” an entertaining variety show full of music, comedy, dancing, juggling, and more.
- You’ll want to check out the latest touring option from the Amish Farm & House – “Picnic on an Amish Farm” – where guests are treated to an early evening of food, fun, and fellowship amid our beautiful countryside.
- Another great way to see our farmlands is with Bird-In-Hand Scooter Tours. Try out their fresh Scootin’ For Scoops ice cream tour during its first full year. Delish! You can also explore on your own now too (with suggestions provided, of course) through their electric bike rentals.
- Did you know you can discover Lancaster County by water as well? The Susquehanna National Heritage Area's unique River Discovery Boat Tours on their new historic 1912 electric boat “Chief Uncas” share the story of the natural & cultural history of our western border – the mighty Susquehanna River.
- There’s also the new pre-planned local kayaking tours offered by kayakLanCo during its first full year, where they create the route & bring the gear, and you have the adventure!
- And it’s absolutely wonderful to see tubing, entertainment, and food & drink back at Sickman’s Mill this year, along the banks of Pequea Creek.
- Delicious and diverse fare & libations will also be showcased at the planned opening of a redesigned Southern Market in Lancaster City in early 2022, with its central food hall and Bar 1888.
- Speaking of good food and great times, two favorite area events will continue their inventive ways, as the Lititz Fire & Ice festival adds new features to its recently-expanded 10-day schedule in February, and Lancaster County Restaurant Week adds new venues to help benefit the Lancaster Farmland Trust.
- And you can work off those calories with a few turns on the latest thrill at Cherry Crest Adventure Farm: the six-lane Freedom Slide, whose nearly 200-foot-long run is their tallest, widest, & fastest slide yet!