(Lancaster, Pa.) With Memorial Day weekend in sight, travelers to Lancaster have more to look forward to in 2016, with fresh area offerings like:
- In the tradition of its historic nickname “Little Munich of America,” Lancaster County now leads the entire state with 25 craft brew licenses, spread throughout many of our charming small towns, from Columbia Kettle Works in Columbia to Bube’s Brewery (pro. BOOBIES) in Mount Joy – the only U.S. brewery from the 1800s that has survived intact.
- Get your outdoors “fix” with Chiques Rock Outfitters’ new bike & paddle (kayak or canoe) combo on the Northwest River Trail along the mighty Susquehanna.
- Sight & Sound Theatre has unveiled its latest blockbuster – Samson, a captivating production for the whole family, filled with colorful characters and the extraordinary feats of the world’s first superhero. An invigorating story about faith, where weakness is turned to strength.
- The hip dining & drinks scene keeps growing in Downtown Lancaster, with the brand new Root – a vegan/vegetarian restaurant in a historic re-used space – as well as makeovers of Café One Eight and The Pressroom, and the upcoming Luca on James (from the owners of local gem Ma(i)son).
- Check out American Music Theatre’s new original show Crooners – celebrating the smooth sophistication of old-time faves and contemporary stars – or take in a performance at the totally revamped and renamed Lancaster Marionette Theatre.
- Explore our beautiful landscape from 100 feet up, in Kreider Farms’ new observation tower, or closer to the ground astride a steed at Nookside Stables, a newer horseback experience that features learning to ride & handle a mount, then directing them through a series of field activities.
- Enjoy a unique overnight at Strasburg’s completely renovated Red Caboose Motel & Restaurant.
- On the recent “kudos” beat: (1) the Inn at Leola Village’s TE restaurant is now one of less than 25 in the entire U.S. with both AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five Star ratings; and (2) the Bulls Head pub in Lititz is the 2016 PA representative on CraftBeer.com’s “51 Best Beer Bars in America” list.
Added to all this are Discover Lancaster’s own new driving trails highlighting our distinctive shopping, bountiful beverages, and fascinating heritage, as well as the first two of our #DiscoverItForYourself marketing/social media videos of expected and unexpected experiences that provide visitors with more detail using authentic voices and compelling visuals. Both of these initiatives aim to further promote Discover Lancaster’s recently expanded tourism brand for the area.
Lancaster County is a wonderful blend of urban style and rural splendor, with many rich cultures, from the Amish to the arts. Travelers can take in our vibrant downtown city life – with galleries, great dining, specialty shops, and live music – or explore surrounding towns and villages to get a sampling of the heritage, food, craftsmanship, and attractions for which Lancaster is famous. Visit us at www.DiscoverLancaster.com.
For more information:
- Joel Cliff, Director of Communications & Advocacy
- Phone: 717-735-0311
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org