Shop Small, Shop Local – Lancaster, PA
Lancaster runs on entrepreneurs. There’s the Amish with farms who produce our food, which gets purchased by local restaurants and made into the delicious meals that we purchase. Or the boutiques and artists who create their products entirely by hand. Even to the design & marketing businesses that could be working together with you on jobs you need to complete. All of these local businesses contribute to Lancaster’s economy.
Choosing to support your local community, the people who have chosen to open an independent business in Lancaster is helping to create the character of each of our towns. When you begin to frequent our small shops, you’ll get to know the owner, and sometimes the person who is making your goods. When you know them, you gain a new appreciation for the quality of their products, and they gain insights into your personality and style, and can give you expert recommendations on products, or create things custom for you and your family.
So get out there and invest in your community today – shop small, shop local at the businesses below and more!
For a “from my hand to yours” product, be sure to check out Lancaster’s Markets, Quilt Shops, Cafes, and Art Galleries.
– Spotted Owl – you’ll find an ever-changing array of clothing, hand-picked by Ali.
– Tiger's Eye - you'll find beautiful clothing, wearable art, and unique accessories.
– Zest – you’ll find gourmet food and tools for the foodie in everyone.
In Downtown Lancaster:
– The Spice & Tea Exchange – specializing in spices, hand-mixed blends, sugars, salts and teas, as well as tea pots, mortar and pestles, salt blocks, etc.
– Art & Glassworks – you’ll find custom made stained glass windows, jewelry, blown glass orbs, and more.
– The Comic Store – featuring comic books, back issues, t-shirts, and more.
– Treasure Place – you’ll find repurposed and refurbished furniture, art, and more.
– The Jam & Relish Kitchen – watch them make your jam, and stop in to a variety of other shops at Kitchen Kettle including wine, sweets, leather and more.
– The Old Country Store – featuring fabric, locally-made crafts, kitchen gadgets, and quilts.