Free Things to Do in Lancaster, PA
Experiencing Lancaster can be easy on the wallet, especially with fun and free experiences offered around the county.
From spots sharing area history and heritage to trails for hiking and biking, you’ll find excitement and lasting memories with budget-friendly entertainment.
Whether you’re planning some free fun ahead of time or are looking for a quick way to fill a few hours while you’re here, we’ve rounded up a list of Lancaster’s free attractions, outdoor spots, and events for your morning, afternoon or evening. You’ll be surprised at just how easy it is to find free things to do in Lancaster, PA.
Free History & Heritage Attractions in Lancaster
Lancaster's stories are waiting to be told at our free heritage and history attractions. Dive into the past or discover more about the Amish way of life - all while sticking to your vacation budget.
- Mennonite Info Center | 2209 Millstream Road, Lancaster
- Mascot Roller Mills | Stumptown Road & Newport Road, Ronks
- Haldeman Mansion | 230 Locust Grove Road, Bainbridge
- Lititz Moravian Church Square Archives | 8 Church Square, Lititz
- Covered Bridges | various locations
- Blue Rock Heritage Center | 2251 River Rd, Washington Boro
Free Outdoor Activities in Lancaster
One of the great things about the fresh Lancaster County air is it's free! Enjoy the walking and hiking trails, biking paths, and parks as you stretch your legs, but not your budget. Before you hit the trail, stop by Columbia Crossings River Trails Center for even more area and trail information.
- Parks & Preserves | various locations
- Biking & Hiking Trails | various locations
- Columbia Crossings River Trail Center | 41 Walnut Street, Columbia
Free Art Galleries & Museums in Lancaster
Admire the arts in Lancaster as you browse galleries and museums that are open to the public with free admission. Works created by current artists and art from creators of the past are on display for you to enjoy.
- Demuth Museum | 120 East King Street, Lancaster
- Gallery Row | Prince Street, Lancaster
- Lancaster Museum of Art | 135 North Lime Street, Lancaster
- Franklin & Marshall's Phillips Museum of Art | 623 College Avenue, Lancaster
- Discover Lancaster Art Gallery | 501 Greenfield Road, Lancaster
Free Farmers Markets & Window Shopping in Lancaster
Wander our farmers markets or browse the local shops of Lancaster - all for free! You'll be surrounded by community vibes and local goodies to check out. Admission to these locations is free - however you may want to pick up some treats from local vendors as you peruse.
- Green Dragon Farmers Market & Auction | 955 North State Street, Ephrata
- Kitchen Kettle Village | 3529 Old Philadelphia Pike, Intercourse
- Lancaster Central Market | 23 North Market Street, Lancaster
- Bird-in-Hand Farmers Market | 2710 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand
- Antiques Capital | Adamstown
- The 300 Block Shops | 300 North Queen Street, Lancaster
- Prussian Street Arcade | 49 North Main Street, Manheim
- Downtown Lititz | Lititz
Free for the Kids in Lancaster, PA
Traveling as a family can get a little pricey, but Lancaster offers free things to do that will entertain all ages. You'll enjoy last memories and family fun, without the hefty price tag.
- Lil' Miniature Country Store & Horse Farm | 264 Paradise Lane, Ronks
- Hershey's Chocolate World | 101 Chocolate World Way, Hershey
- King Swings | 909 Strasburg Pike, Strasburg
- LancasterHistory & Wheatland | 230 N President Ave, Lancaster
Events in Lancaster, PA
Live music, awesome art, annual auctions, and more! You'll find fantastic (and FREE) events throughout the county where there is plenty of community, history, and culture to experience at various times during the year. For even more free events throughout the year, visit our events calendar.
- First Friday & Music Friday | Downtown Lancaster
- Second Friday | Downtown Lititz
- Fourth Friday | Columbia & Mount Joy
- Lititz Fire & Ice | February | Downtown Lititz
- Mud Sales | Beginning in February | various locations
- Charter Day | March
- Spring and Fall ArtWalk | May & October | Downtown Lancaster
- Long's Park Summer Music Series | June - August | Route 30 & Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster
- Whoopie Pie Festival | September | 240 Hartman Bridge Road, Ronks
On Your Birthday in Lancaster, PA
What's better than celebrating a birthday in Lancaster? How about a free meal or dessert? If you're in town on that special day, stop by one of the places below for a tasty meal or sweet treat on the house to celebrate.