Strasburg Rail Road™
Take a ride on America's oldest operating railroad at...
Strasburg Rail Road™
301 Gap Rd Ronks, PA 17572
Crisp air, festive foliage, and flavors to savor
Fall brings cooler weather and beautiful foliage to enjoy, whether you’re out and about with the family or diving into Lancaster’s haunted history. Keep up to date with all things Lancaster by signing up for our e-newsletter and start planning your trip to Lancaster by requesting your free copy of the Getaway Guide.
Fall in love with autumn here in Lancaster, PA with this list of 30 things to do this season:
1. Catch a show! The Fulton Theatre reopens for their fall season with Kinky Boots, running Sept 15 - October 16. Check out Prima this fall as they reopen for the season on October 14th with Here Comes the Sun.
2. Enjoy small town fun with First Fridays in downtown Lancaster, First Thursdays in Manheim, and Second Fridays in Lititz every month! Click here for more information on the arts around Lancaster.
3. Explore the amazing culinary scene in Lancaster County with Lancaster County Restaurant Week.
4. Pick your own pumpkins at Corn Cob Acres, Cherry Crest Adventure Farm and so many more!
5. Celebrate Hometown Heroes with Cherry Crest Adventure Farm on 9/17. The festival includes:
6. Enjoy family fun, rides, delicious fair food and drinks, and more at the New Holland Fair and at the West Lampeter Fair. For more fairs and festivals this fall check out this blog!
7. Spend a Day Out With Thomas at the Strasburg Railroad! Take a ride through the beautiful Lancaster countryside on a steam train, enjoy family fun activities, and more while Thomas is in town 9/16-19.
8. Head out to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire through October 30 for delicious food and drinks, great entertainment, shopping, and fun! Tickets need to be purchased in advance.
9. Pick some fruit this fall! Kauffman Orchards and Cherry Hill Orchards both offer fruit picking fun, fruit and ripening dates vary.
10. Browse the shops at Kitchen Kettle Village and enjoy Yummie's Boo Bash on October 29th. You can also check out the Pink Party on October 8th and the Be Thankful event on November 12th.
11. Join the US Hot Air Balloon Team for the 2022 Hot Air Balloon Festival! Enjoy:
You can even take a balloon ride during the mass launch!
12. Enjoy live music as Decked Out Live continues until the end of September, and Wine by the Vine continues through the end of October.
13. Get into the spooky spirit by checking out Happy Hauntings at Dutch Wonderland on Saturdays and Sundays in October.
14. Go for a late-night ride and listen to local folklore and ghost stories during Strasburg Scooter Tours' Spooky Scoot.
15. Peruse local vendors, farm stands, and treat yourself to a delicious breakfast during Harvest Breakfast at the Lancaster Central Market on October 1st.
16. Discover the true Legacy of Sleepy Hollow as it comes to life onboard the Strasburg Rail Road! Join Isabel Crane as she takes you on a frightful journey about her family.
17. Save the date for Harvest Days at Landis Valley on October 7th and 8th. Demonstrations, exhibits, live music and more will be waiting!
18. Ride the rails with the Middletown and Hummelstown Railroad to the pumpkin patch to pick your own pumpkin onboard the Pumpkin Patch Train!
19. Get a Taste of Science on October 20t at the Lancaster Science Factory! Trivia, Frisco's, homebrew competition and more!
20. Find out how many ways you can demolish a pumpkin during Cherry Crest Adventure Farm's Pumpkin Madness Festival on November 5th! Pumpkin bowling, carving, chucking and more.
21. Check out some local galleries and upcoming art exhibits in Lancaster County.
22. Make sure to get outdoors this fall!
23. Explore Lancaster County's backroads this season by going on a self-guided covered bridge tour.
24. Savor the season at one of our wineries or breweries.
25. Enjoy a seasonal menu under the lights of Kitchen Kettle Village during the September Sunset Soiree Dinner
Plenty of places to pick your perfect pumpkin.
Fall festivals, family fun and cultural happenings.
Eerie Halloween thrills and chill fall activities.
Fairs and festivals are year-round in Lancaster, PA. With so many to choose from, there's one for every interest! This list is organized chronologically.
The best places to view colorful fall leaves in Lancaster County.
Tips to make Thanksgiving meal a memorable one.